Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Second opinion] i took the battery out of my 2012 jaguar XJL…

Customer Question
Second opinion] i took...

Second opinion] i took the battery out of my 2012 jaguar XJL and i closed the trunk by accident. Now there is not power to the car and my trunk is locked. What can I do to get into the trunk?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

60,000 and no its never happened before

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was trying to replace my battery and I tried jumping it but it doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The battery in the trunk is not hooked up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jaguar
9/15/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Matt, Engineer

OK this is tricky as the battery is in line with all the circuits so by removing it it essentially cuts the wiring

I'd suggest one possibility is through the emergency spare tyre mount.

By removing the bolt holding the spare inside the trunk and then use a wire hook to reach and pull the emergency cable release inside the trunk

you can try this but I'm not confident it will work due to the missing battery

1) open driver door with key-fob key
2. open hood with release lever
3. remove the cover from the fuse box on the passenger side of the engine compartment
4. attach jumper cables to the charge point in the fuze box - DO NOT ATTEMPT TO START THE CAR!!!
5. go back in the car and hit the trunk release button

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Engineer