Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

One of my keys ran out of battery and got stuck in the key

Customer Question

One of my keys ran out of battery and got stuck in the key receptacle of my 2009 XK. I tried to use my other key and now both have apparently had their memories erased. Is there a way to restore the key programming?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately without the Jaguar diagnostic tool the keys and security system cannot be reset. I would recommend having the key batteries tested and replaced. Then disconnect the vehicle battery for about 30 minutes. Then reconnect it and see if the vehicle will recognize the keys.Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry- but the answer is too late and I had to go to other resources to address this. Can you please refund my $45?Thank you!Julie