Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

I have a 2000 Jaguar s type it is misfiring on two cylinders

Customer Question

i have a 2000 Jaguar s type it is misfiring on two cylinders can it damage my tyransmission
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?
Customer: 138756 miles and steady misfire with codes
JA: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changing plugs but now have a p0765 code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

having a misfiring cylinder or multiple cylinders can not and will not damage the transmission,

for the fault code you have P0765 you have a fault with shift solenoid 4 of the transmission,

here is a snap shot of the fault code and possible causes. hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 month ago.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you, Thank you.
Lou Palomino
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech