Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

One of the four heater dash vents does not open

Customer Question
One of the four...

One of the four heater dash vents does not open automatically when the car is turned on. I can open it manually then it will close automatically when the car is turned off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Coolant level is down a bit but no sign of hose leaking.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2009 XF 4.2 litre not supercharged

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried anything yet on this problem, but have solved other of my Jaguar anomalies

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A second issue is the interior dome lights. They seem to have a mind of their own and turn on at random times and I have to wave like crazy to get them to turn off. One goes off and they the other side of the middle comes on.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jaguar
9/11/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Is it one of the inner or outer vents?
Passenger side outside vent
It is the Passenger side outside vent that does not automatically open. I asked this question on Aug 29 and it seems to have got lost. I will be on the road over the next few days so I would prefer the test type response rather than a live call.
...Wes
Matt, Engineer