Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

One of the four heater dash vents does not open

Customer Question

One of the four heater dash vents does not open automatically when the car is turned on. I can open it manually then it will close automatically when the car is turned off
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: Coolant level is down a bit but no sign of hose leaking.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 2009 XF 4.2 litre not supercharged
JA: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not tried anything yet on this problem, but have solved other of my Jaguar anomalies
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: A second issue is the interior dome lights. They seem to have a mind of their own and turn on at random times and I have to wave like crazy to get them to turn off. One goes off and they the other side of the middle comes on.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.
Is it one of the inner or outer vents?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Passenger side outside vent
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is the Passenger side outside vent that does not automatically open. I asked this question on Aug 29 and it seems to have got lost. I will be on the road over the next few days so I would prefer the test type response rather than a live call.
...Wes