Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Trying to remove the starter, single loud click, xjsc 1987…

Customer Question
Trying to remove the...

Trying to remove the starter,

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Single loud click

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

Xjsc 1987 v12

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ-SC yourself? What have you tried so far?

Went to start car and the starter went

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jaguar
9/10/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

hello
i will just stick to texting you
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

No need to call, ignore the pop up.

ok
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

The symptom you are experienciong does point toward a starter. Are you going to fic it yourself?

i am trying to remove the exhaust first and wondering how to do that first
exhaust pipe
hello
are you there
is there a problem
how do we get the exhaust pipe off first is what we need to know than take the starter off after that?
hellooooo
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Exhaust removal procedure provided by the manufacture

Matt, Engineer