peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2013 jaguar xf, I replaced battery, new and original

Customer Question

Hi Richard
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 2013 jaguar xf
JA: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced battery
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: new and original battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: now the car is in safe mode cannot switch on
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can require a dealer to reprogram the theft system to allow starting.Try to lock and unlock the doors with the key or remote or interior lock and unlock button and see if this then resolves the fault here and allows starting.If this does not work at all then you may need to have this reprogrammed by a dealer to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete