Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have used your mechanic service twice and was helpful. Now…

Customer Question
I have used your...

I have used your mechanic service twice and was helpful. Now this time I am looking to see if anyone has posted answers about door lock actuators. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

It is 2006 S Type and I had the front passenger side lock actuator replaced in2015 but now the driver side locks and unlocks properly but the other three lock and immediately unlock so I will take it to a car repair shop this time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

It is the second time as I stated in my last statement that I had this problem in2015 and had one replaced but now having the same problem again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I will not be doing the repair but will get a qualified mechanic that works on european cars to do it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/7/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Sounds like one of the doors is not locking causing the control module to unlock the rest of the vehicle. Go inside the vehicle and use the central locking switch on the dash. See if all the door lock or you find one door not fully locking.Let me know.