Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Driver side rear door isn't unlocking as I open the drivers…

Customer Question
Driver side rear door...

Driver side rear door isn't unlocking as I open the drivers door as it used to. The other doors unlock.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Started a couple of weeks ago. Owned car for 5 years

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2012 XJ supercharged standard length

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not repairing myself. Been looking at manual to see if I had unintentionally change a setting

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Jaguar
9/6/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago

Are you able to unlock the door from driver rear inside door handle?

Don't know. It's difficult to simulate that
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago

Do you hear any slight clicking or ticking noise from the door when you try to unlock?

I can lock all doors after exiting car and then lift driver side rear door handle and that works.Normal operation would not require me to lock all doors first
No
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago

That symotom usually points towards a faulty door lock actuator or damaged linkage.

Door isn't getting the normal signal to unlock when I open the front door (like the other doors do).Otherwise door lock operates fine
Your last answer doesn't seem like the issue
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago

I will opt out and let another expert assist you.

Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 5 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

If you lock the vehicle will the driver side rear door unlock when pulling the outside handle?

Said that earlier

OK thanks. Can you tell me if that driver rear window works from the driver switch and from the driver rear switch?

WHen you unlock the vehicle by pulling the driver rear handle does the rest of the doors unlock?

but only if all doors are locked first (mirrors folded back)

Ok this is very strange since there is only one module that controls the door locking and it does not have any other separate circuits. Can I have the last six of your VIN so I can do some more research. It does sound like we may have an internal failure with the latch.

V25024
Matt, Engineer