Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

The Drivers Door wont open from the outside and the locking…

Customer Question
The Drivers Door wont...

The Drivers Door wont open from the outside and the locking is giving trouble

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

03 Jaguar X Type

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, its an x type

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The battery in the key was changed and the car was diagnosed and the dealer found no faults

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Jaguar
8/31/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Sounds like we may have a problem with the door latch since it seems like only the driver door is effected. The latch is one complete assembly with the actuator and lock. If you replace it with a new part you will also need the inner cable.Let me know.