Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

How do you program the garage door opening feature on a 2001

XKR? JA: Okay, I'll connect you...
How do you program the garage door opening feature on a 2001 XKR?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Jaguar XKR. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Yes. There are two small red lights and one slightly larger clear light on the J-shifter console. What are these?
8/18/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Press and hold the two outer buttons on the garage door opener and the light will start to blink then blink rapidly. Once this is done hold the garage door transmitter close to the over head console and press and hold your garage door transmitter and one of the buttons on your vehicle. The light will start to blink then blink very rapidly and it should be then programmed.

If it does not work then you have a rolling code garage door opener and you will need to press the program button on the garage door unit itself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I'll try that. What about my question regarding the two red lights and one clear light that are at the top of the J-shifter console? What are those for?

Is there any way you can take a picture of these and upload it here so I can see them?

but it will be later today.

If you can let me know this would help.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Pete,
Attached is a photo of the J-Gate console. There are two small red indicator lights in the upper right and left of the console. And there is one slightly larger clear indicator light to the right of the red light on the left hand side of the shifter. What are these?
Pete,
I rated you excellent. Did you have a chance to look at the photo I sent you yesterday about the console lights?

I apologize for the delay as I was offline this weekend.

Is anything after market installed like a remote start or after market security system?

No after market equipment at all. I thought about that, but these lights are installed so absolutely perfectly they really look factory.

I have been looking at info on this here but I do not see that these are factory.I even looked into some videos that did not have those lights or that white little switch near the lights.When something is installed professionally it can look to be factory in some cases.I just dont see these for your model on what they are for.

Okay. I appreciate you looking into it. If I discover what they are, I'll let you know. Thanks.

Your welcome

I just couldnt seem to find anything on this myself here.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician