Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I put the key in my super 8 Daimler, the lights all come on…

I put the key...

I put the key in my super 8 Daimler, the lights all come on but the car wont turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yep the steering wheel turns and the key is good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

Its a x308 Daimler super 8 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

The answer is yes, the battery is fully charged and I have tried to start in neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that's about it

8/16/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

lets try a master reset in case anti theft system is triggered on and we go from there

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

all went well, thank you the car is started !!

awesome news i m glad

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat
------------------------------------------

Chad Farhat