Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

It's overheating....i have changed the water pump, radiator,

Customer Question
It's overheating....i have changed...

It's overheating....i have changed the water pump, radiator, thermostat housing, coolant tank, auxiliary pump and the fans are working also I have heat when let it sit and idle but as soon as I go a 1/4 of a mile it starts blowing cool air no heat....there is no water in the oil and no oil in the water and the car runs good with no check engine light....its a 2007 jaguar s-type 4.2 no super charger

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

What light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2007 S-type

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried then the dealer had it for about 7 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's everything

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Jaguar
8/15/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 9 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
How soon after starting does the engine overheat? What did the dealer do to the vehicle?
I start it let it run for about 15-20 minutes then take it on a test ride and that when it runs hot...the dealer said they did all these test but could not show us on paper so they it was a head gasket but could not tell us why on paper like a bad cylinder or pressure reading
Ok thanks. Yes a compression and leakdown test can be performed. We would need the tester to do that. I recommend performing a test which detects the presence of exhaust gases in the coolant. This can be purchased at most major parts stored. Follow the instructions on the tester. Solution is added to the tester and if it changes color it means we have a leak most likely a head gasket or head.Let me know.
Ok...i will do the test today and get back with you in the morning....on the leak down test what psi do you recommend

Our shop air is about 90 psi but we turn it down with the regulator to about 45 psi

Richard, Jaguar Technician