Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Both seats not working. 96 xj 6. Just tried to get to the…

Customer Question
Both seats not working ...

Both seats not working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

96 xj 6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. just tried to get to the fuses. passenger seat is all the way back and fully reclined

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
8/6/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So you haved checked the fuses ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
checked the best I could. can't get to the passenger side fuses. seat is all the way back. not sure if the fuse panels are hot. where does it come from
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
go for text

most are from the fuses in the trunk,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
manual says seat fuses are in the heel panels. are you saying the power to the heel panels are from fuses in the trunk?

im saying some of the seat power is in the trunk fuse panel

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is power to the heel panels straight from the battery?

it goes to a main fuse block under the hood and then dispersed to the various fuse panels

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
think I should check under the hood then.

ok let me know what you find out

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing under the hood in the 2 panels

check the trunk fuses

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Checked across each fuse in trunk for potential. All good.

I didnt foreget about you im looking for driver and passenger seat module diagrams

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
5 amp fuse bad in left heel panel. Had to remove back seat to get to it.

ok so now we have to locate the drivers seat module, it will have a ton of wires going to it and were going to have to check for power and ground

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no it's fixed by changing the 5 amp fuse. thanks, we're done...

ok sounds good glad everything got worked out,

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.