Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

My jaguar x type 2004 doesnt start this morning after a

Customer Question
My jaguar x type...

My jaguar x type 2004 doesnt start this morning after a short drive yesterday night . The only thing happened is the battery red light went on for a while and after i turned off the radio and lowrd the ac fan low it was gone

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

Brand new battery and no i didnt test it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

No im fixing it in a garage and its a x type

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well i changed earlier the spark blugs all and the fuel pump from my jaguar dealer , yesterday the engine fans was working for long time and there was a clicking sound coming from the engine , my gsrage advised me to replace a new alternator but on some sites they said most probably its not the alternator it might be the cables or the relay

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Do you have a volt meter?

Nope

alrighty then. unless you can get one theres not much we can do.

Jaguar Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

You can try taking the battery out and go getting it tested