How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matt Your Own Question
Matt
Matt, Engineer
Category: Jaguar
Satisfied Customers: 395
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297
Type Your Jaguar Question Here...
Matt is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My jaguar x type 2004 doesnt start this morning after a

Customer Question

My jaguar x type 2004 doesnt start this morning after a short drive yesterday night . The only thing happened is the battery red light went on for a while and after i turned off the radio and lowrd the ac fan low it was gone
JA: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: Brand new battery and no i didnt test it
JA: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No im fixing it in a garage and its a x type
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well i changed earlier the spark blugs all and the fuel pump from my jaguar dealer , yesterday the engine fans was working for long time and there was a clicking sound coming from the engine , my gsrage advised me to replace a new alternator but on some sites they said most probably its not the alternator it might be the cables or the relay
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

alrighty then. unless you can get one theres not much we can do.

Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

You can try taking the battery out and go getting it tested