Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

I was at a stop light yesterday and when I went to take off

Customer Question
it was like it wasn't...
I was at a stop light yesterday and when I went to take off it was like it wasn't in hear when I press the has it doesn't even rev up
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: there are no lights on
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 01 xjr supercharged 4.0
JA: Are you fixing your XJR yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: scanned it for codes and checked fuses. There are no codes. It will only rev up in park and neutral it does nothing when you press the accelerator in drive or reverse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jaguar
7/30/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

what scanner did use to scan it , a basic code reader or jag specific

is there a check engine light in or no ?

sounds you lost throttle response under load ?

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and TRUN SWITCH FROM OFF TO ON,WAIT 30 SECS , THEN BACK TO OFF ,WAIT 30 SECS , THEN START IT AND LET IDLE 2 MINUTES, THEN DROP IN GEAR SEE IF YOU GET THROTTLE BACK

Please let me know & we go from there

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Matt, Engineer