Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have accidentally locked all of my keys in the glove box…

Customer Question
I have accidentally locked all...
I have accidentally locked all of my keys in the glove box of my 2008 Jaguar xj8 and valet mode is set. Is there any way to disengage valet mode without a key
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
7/30/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always
have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is to get
you on
the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear, see, smell or
touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your understanding
of
that is greatly appreciated. There are no magical answers,
but I do
my best to guide you in the right direction.

Your only recourse is to try and remove the glove box from underneath, or then a lock smith would be needed.

Sorry for the bad news, and I sure hope you don't let that affect my positive rating:)

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No fuse or connection to disengage valet?

Sorry, but no, The car manufacturer has this in the security system, or anyone can access it if it was made that easy.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep
this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me