Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

1996 Jag XJS I bought few weeks ago. I noticed a slight oil

Customer Question

1996 Jag XJS I bought few weeks ago. I noticed a slight oil leak in front center which seems to be leak at oil cooler. How do I replace this and how do I access this? Can the hood tilt up extra? Or be removed? Do I need to remove the bumper?
JA: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?
Customer: Not yet. Only purchased few weeks ago.
JA: Are you fixing your XJ-S yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and first time.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else except this oil leak.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.