Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

It's great except the seat belt buckle is a pain in my hip…

Customer Question
It's great except the...

It's great except the seat belt buckle is a pain in my hip bone; Manual says techs know how to disarm them; any help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?

Drivers (2013 but never serviced, to my knowledge.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Jaguar?

4 dr XF

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, the car's smarter than I am. This is what I'm trying so far. I bought it used and in very good condition at CarMax Jan. 17.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I just hope there's a way.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Jaguar
7/29/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

1st thing to check is if the belt has been twisted ? as its possible to to plug it into its socket either way and it its orientated the wrong way the belt end will dig into you, as its should be plugged in so it sweeps away from the body

Matt, Engineer