Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My keyless entry stopped working. Changed battery in fob.

Customer Question

my keyless entry stopped working. Changed battery in fob. Car does not recognize fob, however,i can dock it and it and the car starts. cant lock and unlock car with fob.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
car is a 2009 Jaguar XF
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
Does it say smart key not found or wrong smart key? How many smart keys do you have?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
smart key not found.....I only have 1 smart key
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
This could be a few different things.First the battery in the fob may be dead which can cause this. The battery can be removed and tested or replaced with a new one.Next the fob itself could be faulty in which can it will need to be replaced and programmed by Jag.Another possibility is the keyless vehicle module which is the control module for the passive entry and starting. The module could be bad or there is a problem with the electrical circuit to the module. A Jag diagnostic tool would be needed to diagnose and program the module.