Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

2002 jaguar x type - the alternator and battery are good but

Customer Question
2002 jaguar x type -...
2002 jaguar x type - the alternator and battery are good but the battery light comes on while driving and than when it get park the car wont start
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: Yes they both have been tested they are good
JA: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: would like to or at least know what the problem may be if I take it in.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jaguar
7/26/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Does the vehicle not start every time the battery warning comes on? Have you tested the voltage when the warning comes on?
has been tested right after the light comes on and it is good just when car is off the battery gets drained
What was the voltage when the light was on?
Matt, Engineer