Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

I have a 2006 x-type which will stall out (fuel starved )

Customer Question
whenthe tank gets to half...
I have a 2006 x-type which will stall out (fuel starved ) whenthe tank gets to half full on the guage. This has gone on for quite some time, but during the winter I keep he tank filled to prevent condensation in the tank. I believe that this may be associated with the transfer pump. How can I correctly ID the problem and then repair^ and how
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: yes it is hard on gas but it starts great - no problems
JA: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was hoping to, but was not sure I wanted to get into the whole fuel tank issue
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats good
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jaguar
7/23/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you
the way to confirm is testing the fuel pump pressuer
Check fuel,pump relay also , that could be Causing the fuel pump to quit
Last will be the cluster itself
If the gauge circuit in cluster is erratic, now this will require jag scanner or equivelant to checkPlease Use The Stars on Top of Your screen To Rate me so I can be compensated for my time and resources .
If more help is needed just reply back and we can continue
You can copy the link page and pasted in your browser and will open up the conversation between us for any follow up questions you may have in this issue.
I'm online Daily from 7 AM till late Eastern Time Zone .Thank You ***** Certified Technician
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat