Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Looks like mi 09 xf was flooded a bit by rain, but it runs I

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: Looks like mi 09 xf was flooded a bit by rain, but it runs I can drive it, just screen is not working, showing nothing, no radio, no navi, hard buttons also not working, beeps when I drive, when I stop stops beeping, sometimes wipers start to work without reason, or when car is parked light go on, shows codes like dsc not available, abs fault, tire pressure system fault, , blind spot monitor not available, ebd fault
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?
Customer: but it drives, do you know what module is the problem?
JA: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am thinking to find faulty module and replace it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no looks like I told you what is the issue
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.
We have a lot going on here so this will be very difficult to diag nose with a Jaguar diagnostic tool. Depending on where the source of the water ingress was there could be corrosion or damage to the central junction box in the passenger lower kick panel, an inline connector or even a ground. For the screen and radio issue there are a few modules bolted to the floor under the driver seat which are most likely damaged.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
street was flooded and some water got inside, mostly back side passengers footrest, maybe a bit front passengers footrest, carpet was wet, anyway it wasn't crazy amount of water, but carpet was wet, I disconnected battery, when car was dry I connected again, but car started acting, wiper start working without reason, tank is full but shows as empty, beeps, all those previous error codes, then cats system fault error message. So I couldn't leave my car with connected battery, because something goes on like lights and dries my battery. But one day I connected and tank started to show normal amount of gas, wipers stopped acting, just was beeping and those error codes, but I can drive my car, since yesterday it didn't wanted to start, but had some power, so I disconnected battery for few minutes and it started again after I connected, so it drives. Just those error codes. Is there a control module which could be blamed for mentioned error codes, also do you know how those modules or module is called to control screen and radio issue, so I could look for it. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Right now connected battery again, so have just three error codes: apply foot and park brake, tire pressure error code and cats system fault, then screen is not working, can't control anything on there, also hard buttons not working: radio and AC. AC starts, just can't control it.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just need to know module names so I can look for it like for screen and radio, also you say that I have to go through all fuses? but looks like everything else is working just some kind of control unit decides to act, so all those error codes start to show up.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
where is that central junction box is located for 09 jaguar xf, passenger lower kick panel? because for 11 jaguar xf behind rear seat right?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, kindly reminder, it says, that I can ask untill will be satisfied using same topic, please advise
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

The modules controlling the infotainment and front screen are under the passenger seat. The CATS (suspension module) and tire pressure module are both located under the passenger seat. We need to remove both front seats to check these modules that arebolted to the floorboards