Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

We bought a 2005 Jaguar X-Type with a 3.0 liter V-6. Has 3…

Customer Question
We bought a 2005 Jaguar...
We bought a 2005 Jaguar X-Type with a 3.0 liter V-6. Has 3 error codes. P0455, P0447, and P1646. All emissions related. Have a canister purge valve ordered for the first 2 codes. Did change out the Bank1 O2 sensor located in the front exhaust manifold near the battery tray. I used a Bosch smart link kit where you have to splice the wires in since the direct replacement wasn't in stock. Still getting the code. Am I missing something? Replaced the wrong sensor or doesn't the Bosch work well?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Jaguar
6/13/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me get some info.

Thanks for the reply. I believe it's sensor number 1. Supposed to be bank 1 upflow
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

That is the left hand sensor and the code you have is for a right hand sensor, which should be #3

Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

Do you have any other questions?

Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer

The drawing was a bit confusing. It probably is #3. From the front of the car looking at the motor just under the air cleaner assembly. Top of the exhaust manifold and threads in at sort of an angle.
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

I'm having some issues with my system. will opt out and let another expert assist you.

Jaguar Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

never ever get the splice o2 sensor always get OEM parts for a sure install

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician