Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I own a 2006 model Jaguar Super V8 The car appears to suffer

Customer Question

Hi RichardI own a 2006 model Jaguar Super V8The car appears to suffer from Electrical problems, currently I have two issue
1 The Cell phone which has worked find for 10 years have recently stopped working and shows the follow error "phone kit not installed" at the same time the radio stopped working, all other things such as Sat Nav and TV work. I have also had problems with the computer stating the "Bonnet Open" message when it is not, the locking mechanism was also sticking and I have just replaced the actuator.Any idea what might be causing these issues.Many thanks
Stuart
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

The bonnet open/locking issue is usually caused by a faulty bonnet switch on the latch assembly. We can jump the wires on the switch temporarily to see if the issue is corrected. For the audio issue this could be a problem with the phone module or amp. We need to check the connections to all the infotainment control modules in the stack in the trunk. I also recommend we disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for about 30 minutes to see if the system will reset. Let me know.