Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I disconnected the battery, and the wife shut the keys in

Customer Question

I disconnected the battery, and the wife shut the keys in the trunk before I re connected it
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: its an 08 xf
JA: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything short of cutting through the rear firewall to gain access to the trunk
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.
You can jump power to the vehicle from under the hood. Remove the cover in the right rear of the engine compartment then pop off the fuse cover lid. You will see a large fuse with two small studs/nuts. Place the red positive side of a booster to that fuse and the black ground lead to the vehicle body. This will supply enough power to open the trunk electrically.