Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I'm in the UK, I have a 2003 XK8 and the battery has seen

Customer Question

Hi there I'm in the UK, I have a 2003 XK8 and the battery has seen better days. I was just about to put a new battery in and thought there may be a radio code issue to consider first. I've had the car for about a year and although I have a very complete history for the car I can't find a note of the radio code. The chassis number is ***** C42P0032A35969 and the radio is the original radio cassette player but I don't know how to go about finding the radio code just in case the 'swap in swap out harness' the garage plans to use to maintain power to the engine systems doesn't do it's job for some reason ? If you could point me in the right direction that would be amazing. Regards Phil
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Jaguar XK8. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: No, that's all the information I have I'm afraid
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
I will run the number to see if I can retrieve the code.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Your code should be 3114.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Richard thanks however unfortunately that code doesn't seem to work, do you have any other options by any chance ? Regards Phil
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

The only other way would be to remove the radio to get the serial number off it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your time Richard. I have actuall just phoned the Jaguar main dealer where I live who were able to give me the code from the car serial number. The actual code was 3144, and I wonder whether you mar have have just mixed a couple of numbers up since the code you suggested was 3114. Anyway all good now. Thanks Phil