Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a jaguar x-type that is 15y old. Automatic. this

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a jaguar x-type that is 15y old. Automatic. this morning I can hardly move the clutch. I have to force it a lot to put it in P (parking) then when i stop the car, i cannot take the key out, there is a 15 second bip bip alert. Any idea/solution would be very appreciated. thanks a lot

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

The "P" position is the hard one, then the N R and D are fine.. the car still function. but i cannot the key out and i get this bip bip alert

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your X-Type?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I am not good at all with mechanic... i have tried the battery (as i read somewhere it could be that) but no result, i cheked the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Actually i am in spain

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Jaguar
5/8/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 5 years ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. sitting in the car. key in the on position position, when you step on the brake can you hear a click?

Hi David, no, no click... I swith off the car, the ther is this 10 seconds bip bip bip and i cannot take the key out, I force the clutch into the "P" position but it's as if the car does not recognise that it is on P

ok, the park lock solenoid seems to not be working. please standby

now i see, because i have been forcing the clutch, that there some pieces of black plastic that are coming out :-/
I have checked the fuse F5 and it was fine
ok, thank you, ***** ***** check that in 30-40 min (i can´t now)

ok you're welcome. please let me know. and it looks lke you will need to replace the assembly under the center console if pieces of plastic are coming out

I think so

just checking in to see how its going