Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

How to add tranmission oil to a 2000 Jaguar. 1000 mi ago. S…

How to add tranmission...

How to add tranmission oil to a 2000 Jaguar

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

1000 mi ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Jaguar?

S type

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

4/18/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 5 years ago
Matt, Engineer

hello

there's a fill plug on the side of the transmission, now you don't say if your car is a manual or an auto but as the attached image shows there's a fill plug for both and the method is the same for both, where you add oil until it just runs out of the fill hole with cold oil

then for the automatic transmission you then run the engine and move the shift lever through each position allowing a few seconds in each position before moving back to park

then if the engine temp has moved off its stop shut it all off and open the fill plug to allow the excess to drain, if nothing drains out then add more until it does

ideally if you have jaguar diagnostic kit then you can monitor the transmission temp as is needs to be 35 degrees C but usually if the engine temp gauge has begun to move then the transmission oil is at this sort of temperature

Matt, Engineer