Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Lno no red flashing light on dash board, i had to change car…

Lno no red flashing...

Lno no red flashing light on dash board

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I had to change car battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2012 jaguar xf

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed the battery and not car does not detect key and red security light is out

Car does not detect smart key but starts when fib is inserted but beeps while driving cause no smart key detected
4/1/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 5 years ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunatley

But you can try this reset for now & we go from there

do you have or 2 keys for it

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

The problem is the smart key is not being detected and when inserted in slot vehicle starts and runs but beeps because smart key is still not detected how can I get it to recognize smart key and I have changed fob battery several times

unfortunately with out a jaguar scanner or equivalent , you can not do anything other than battery replacement and reset

if reset did not work, scanner is needed to re sync,

we have all lot involved in the anti theft system, door switches,trunk switches,hood switch ,receiver ,antenna ring etccc ,it will be a guess with out scan at this time

how did this whole thing started ?

did you do the reset ?

Chad Farhat
Phone call session started