Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I change all the brake pads which was very low. and I took…

I change all the...

I change all the brake pads which was very low. and I took off the rear left caliper tp change it and all the fluid leak out, after I put back on the caliper and put back in dot 3 fluid, and get someone to pump the brakes and try to bleed the air out, I cannot get any brakes since, what to do now

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where is the location of the leak?

It had no leak, I just change the pads, and the rear left caliper and all the fluid leaked out, while I was waiting for the new one.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2005 Jaguar X Type. 3.0L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am A Used Car Dealer, and I work on A lot of different vehicles at times, but it is my first time I am changing the brakes o A Jaguar, which I recently buy for myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, I thought that after I could not get the brake to get any pressure, I took it to A Midas Shop, for them to take the air out of the system and to bleed it, they said that they did all that, and when they get pressure on the peddle and they went on the road to test it after driving for A few miles, the ABS system locked up on the vehicle and then after A while, the brake went soft again.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/28/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: TIM MOHR, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 years ago
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** can do a phone call if you like?

TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE Certified Technician

I need your phone number?

let me know how it turns out,Tim

Hello Tim. I change the left rear caliper and the brakes id holding ok now, but the ABS System is Locking Up when I drive A few miles.What is your correct phone number, I call(###) ###-#### and someone answer me and said that, I have the wrong number.