Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2005 xj8 vdp wipers parked in 12 o'clock position. Wipers…

Customer Question
2005 xj8 vdp wipers...

2005 xj8 vdp wipers parked in 12 o'clock position.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Wipers still work. Just Park at 12 rather than 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Vdp yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'd like to. Haven't tried anything. Dealer is 2hrs away. Noone local

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
3/21/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Do the wipers stop in the middle on intermittent or when you turn off the wipers?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They work fine but the "home" position is now vertical. Don't know if something happened with ice or not.
OK this is usually caused by a faulty park switch in the motor. The motor assembly would need to be replaced as this park switch is integral in the motor. Let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not what I wanted to hear. Hoping it was a simple reset or slip in linkage that I could undo put the wipers where they need to be and reconnect.
I was going to suggest that but if the wipers are sweeping properly then they should not be out of alignment or adjustment.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Even if there was ice blocking them or someone moving them slightly. I live in upstate ny snowmelt area.

That is a possibility but since they sweep up and back down without any issues I suspect it is more likely the motor.

Richard, Jaguar Technician