Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jag 02 xtype was hit from the rear while the car was in

Second opinion] Jag 02...

Second opinion] Jag 02 xtype was hit from the rear while the car was in park

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Now it want go in reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The shops around here for transmission say it is the transmission. I heard something sound like a braking on the driver's side front when I put it in reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

About a month ago. they didn't know where to check the transmission fluid. I hope any did not leak out and I wasn't told this.

3/9/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the trans is actually slipping or not engaging into reverse at all yet forward gears are ok then yes, the problem is internal in the transmission. It's possible though depending on what you're actually feeling that there could be an external issue.

Are all forward gears functional?

When you put the shifter in reverse does the engine rev up as if it was still in park?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician