Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Matt I have a 99 xk8 I'm getting a p1642 error code and

Matt I have a 99 xk8 I'm...
I have a 99 xk8
I'm getting a p1642 error code and restricted performance
Just finished a heater pump and valve replacement and forgot to reconnect the accelerator module so got lots of codes and messages but after reconnecting and clearing codes now just have as described above
The 1642 code was present before the ump replaceme
Also had traction control failure but I cleaned all the
WHeel sensors and it's Lionel for now
Can you give me som direction
Thanks *****
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/29/2017
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Is only the engine light coming on?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Richard,not sure if we missed a communication but to answer your question above the check engine light was on with code showing1642 and 1000 ( which is irrelevant) and restricted performance on the odometer space.Since clearing the codes it has not yet reoccurred and restricted performance has vanished.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
RichardWould you let me know if you received this correspondanceThanks

Ok thanks. This is a CAN communication fault so it could be any module on the network. That code can also be caused by some OBD II scan tools. I first recommend we have the battery and charging system tested. Low voltage can cause thse codes. I have also seen issues with the J gate shifter module causing network faults. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.What voltage should be present on battery and alternator? also is there a test for the shifter to see if that is the cause? Can you recommend a good OBDII code reader mine is just an inexpensive one sold at Autozone.
Why just out of curiosity would this cause a restricted performance , I thought that was more for things like knock sensor or cam position sensor that could do some damage to the engine if the sensor is out of commission?What is your experience mechanically with the XF Series from 2015 and above, any major problems. I may buy oneThanks I'll let you know what I discover.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Voltage on Alternator is 13.84 on static battery 12.2v. Could the abs wheel sensors cause this I was getting an abs warning so I cleaned the sensors and all has gone away? If you can comment on these items we're all done thanks
The voltage is within range however it is towards the low side. The 13.8 should be ok and not cause the fault. Usually a problem with an abs sensor will cause the specific wheel speed sensor fault code to be logged.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks
Richard, Jaguar Technician