Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2003 Jaguar X Type. The car makes a horrible

I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 Jaguar X Type. The car makes a horrible grinding noise when I apply brakes and shift to first gear (it is a manual transmission).

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you heard this particular sound before?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

It is an X type the All Wheel Drive.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My husband put on new discs and brakes and now it makes more noise.

1/15/2017
Jaguar Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 5 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi im kevin so the noise only happens when braking ?

Sorry I feel asleep. Yes and since my husband put the brake stuff on it is even louder!

Ok and has he he double checked his work ensuring pads are the correct way round ?

Ok and he fitted front and rear brakes ?

Is anyone there? It has been a while since I answered question.

I have replied were all brakes changed front and rear ?

all brakes were changed

Ok and how many miles since ?

The car is on a car hoist so none of the tires are even touching the ground.It makes the noise when the car is in gear and you press on the brakes.The car has not been driven since the new brakes were installed. It is still on the car hoist

Ok if it hasnt been run they will be noisy untill they have been bedded in .you need to run car once its done a few miles it will stop

But it was making that noise before my husband replaced the brakes.

If the noise is only there when braking then it has to be brake related if parts are fitted correctly then you need to bed brakes in first

Kevin
Kevin, Technician
We will give it a try - thanks so much!

No worries letme know how you get on