Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

When i get to about 30, it does this thing, kinda like the

Customer Question

when i get to about 30 , it does this thing , kinda like the engine skids a few times ??? not always ,but when i dont give it a lot of gas ? Does that make sense ?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: not a gas hog and starts fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 2003 X type 2.5 engine
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing cause it just started doing this recently
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the engine light is on most of the time , especially when the gas tank gets low , but it comes and goes!!!
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Do you notice this after you are driving for a while? Did you have the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
mostly , it happens when I have just started driving for a couple minutes, seems that when it shifts into second gear(?) and im not giving it a lot of gas , it happens!!!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ive noticed that when i give it a lot of gas , at that time, it doesent happen !!