Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Jaguar S type 4.0 2002 lost my key and fob have valat key

Customer Question

Jaguar S type 4.0 2002 lost my key and fob have valat key car will turn over but won't start what is the problem. Help
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- that valet key supposed to be programed to vehicle, ?

2-is there a security light on dash flashing or a lock symbol with key in it ?

3-we need fuel & spark to start , but if the anti theft or the key fob not recognized ( like valet in this case ) it will turn over but want allow fuel to engine .

4-Lets try this First and we can go from there , lets see if we can reset it ,if not you will need a factory scanner to retrieve fault codes and see why it is not starting

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat