Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Car still running after changing expansion tank

Customer Question
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Jaguar
12/17/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi John, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the history here and more information on what you need for help?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

Did this problem exist befor the tank was replaced or is a new problem after the tank? Check for a stuck thermostat and also for restrictions in the cooling system. Otherwise if the waterpump is circulating the coolant as it should you could have a bad head gasket. Let me know

The problem started with the expansion tank having worn seals. So I bought a new one. And installed it today. Even with the worn expansion tank this never happens. I wonder did I just not put enough coolant, or did I not loosen the screw on top of tank?
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 11 months ago

Thanks for the photo. That is a bleeder to bleed the air from the cooling system on a refill. You need to loosen the screw slightly until it is straight coolant and no air bubbles then tighten it... Not to tight as it just needs to seal. Too tight it will break. Let me know

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson