Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 98 XJ8, and Ican not start it. It turns over but…

Customer Question
Hi Richard.....I have a...

Hi Richard.....I have a 98 XJ8 , and Ican not start it. It turns over but does not fire. I have 2 codes Pending. P1111 and P1643 ??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They look fine but have not had them off and cleaned.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only recharged the battery and grabbed the 2 error codes . Yes I do as much as I can myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes.......both Sets of timing chains and Tensioners have been replaced about 3000 miles back....no issues until this

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
12/16/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thank you for visitng the site. P1643 JAGUAR - CAN ECM / TCM Network Malfunction Possible causes - Control Area Network (CAN) open circuit fault – TCM to ECM - CAN short circuit fault - Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM) - Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

P1111 just means diagnostic self test complete