Marc Zerbin
Marc Zerbin,
Experience:  Auto Service Technician at Zerbin Auto
97078443

I changed the battery in my 2001 jaguarxk8 now the windows

Customer Question

i changed the battery in my 2001 jaguarxk8 now the windows and top will not go up or down what do i need to do
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Marc Zerbin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your question. I am preparing my answer for you now.

Thanks,

Marc

2. If the windows go down and don’t come back up, they need to be reset. This will happen if battery power is lost.

3. To reset, hold down button until window is down then an extra five seconds, you should here a click from the door module. Then raise window all the way up and continue to hold up button for an extra five seconds.

Let me know how it goes.

Another way of saying the same procedure: To re-learn the glass operating characteristics, the associated door must be closed (door ajar switch inactive). The glass must then be driven fully down and held stalled at the bottom of its travel for a minimum of one second. The glass is finally driven to the fully up position and held stalled for a minimum of one second. The re-learning procedure must also be accomplished to regain the automatic glass closing sequence.

Thanks,

Marc