Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  California smog licensed, ASE ceritied in L1, A6, A8 for over 30 years professionally
25319281

My right turn signal only works intermittently. When it's

Customer Question

My right turn signal only works intermittently. When it's not working and you turn it on there is no indicator light or flashing noise. Which is strange because the hazards still work and the bulbs light up. The left turn signal and hazards always work properly. You just never know when the right turn signal will work, or not. 2002 x-type 2.5
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: The car has many trouble codes for run problems. Runs like a pig until completely warmed up and then runs like brand new. But I never checked all those codes for the turn signal - had no idea that would show up on the obd 2 system.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Jaguar Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 2002 X-type 2.5
JA: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Did'nt know where to start. Another online mechanic says to check the GEM.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Jim replied 8 months ago.

There was a recall on the GEM, campaign id 03v011000. This recall should be the first thing done to correct the problem.