Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

11/22/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 12 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what year this model here is?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

2015

There are two ways this code can go.An after market scan tool is usually unable to display the second part of the code which are:

P1707-72 and P1707-77

Both of these lead to the transmission control module at fault.The procedure is to make sure the park release has not been pulled and is not sticking.Then clear out the fault code with your scan tool and test drive the vehicle engaging and disengaging the parking lock several times.If the code comes right back then the transmission control module needs replaced.This applies to both of these versions of the code here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Can you please sendme the picture of Transmission control module

The transmission control module is built into the transmission valve body itself.This is located above the fluid pan at the bottom of the transmission as shown below.The ZF 8HP70 transmission is an electronically controlled, hydraulically operated, 8 speed automatic unit. The hydraulic and electronic control elements of the transmission, including the TCM (transmission control module), are incorporated in a single unit located inside the transmission and is known as 'Mechatronic'.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqnbxebospt2hf5/tcm-11-22.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician