Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

I have a 2005 jaguar XJR. The air suspension has an issue

Customer Question
I have a 2005 jaguar...
I have a 2005 jaguar XJR. The air suspension has an issue where it will not level. The right rear shock is higher than the others. I can hear a solenoid clicking, but I cannot hear any air being released from the system as I used to. The compressor works fine, and all corners do not leak and are not low.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
11/8/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What needs to be done from here is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to read out the fault codes that are set with this issue here.Once this has been done the code(s) set will help diagnose and locate this issue here.This sounds like a fault with the suspension exhaust solenoid not releasing causing this issue but the codes will need read out/checked to help locate and correct this fault here.If you can get the code info and post it here this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Pete. This is what I suspect also, trying to avoid the dealer trip. Do you know if any of the code readers avail on the market today can read the susp code? Also, do you know where this solenoid is located? Is it on the compressor assembly?

My info isnt pointing out exactly where this solenoid is located but most all are on and part of the compressor assembly.Usually a shop can read the codes for the suspension system with their scan tool other then a dealer.IN some cases places like Auto Zone may be able to read suspension codes at no charge to you as well.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician