peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Second opinion] - I have a jaguar 2001 xj8l vp. And the asc

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I have a jaguar 2001 xj8l vp. And the asc light and trac light not available is flashing what does it mean, we also put green antifreeze, and now we noticed they ask for orange, did we burn the engine
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: Blink, asc and trac
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2001 xj8l vp
JA: Are you fixing your XJ8L yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a new mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im worried I ruined it
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Helo
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do you think
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The green anti freeze will cause more corrosion with aluminum components but if the coolant is at the correct level this will not over heat or damage the engine in any way and is not related to the lights coming on.You can continue to use this coolant if you like or have the coolant system flushed out to remove this fluid and install the correct fluid needed.

As for the lights you see this can indicate an issue with one of the traction control components and may be something like a wheel speed sensor at fault.There are several components that can cause these lights here.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and correct this issue here.IN some cases a local parts store like Auto Zone might read out the fault codes at no charge to you.A local shop or dealer can also read out the fault codes and diagnose this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete