Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

My x type 2003 abs light is on and the brake light and the

Customer Question
hi Richard my x type 2003...
hi Richard
my x type 2003 abs light is on and the brake light and the warning message is low brake fluid. the brake fluid is fine i bridged the connector to simulate a brake level closed circuit and no change. i grounded the ebrake switch no change. warning was intermittent now always on. ODB code only shows check battery which is fine no corrosion and voltage rest and charging are normal. I swapped in a used gage cluster warnings went off but no ignition when turning key. Good luck!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
11/5/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Can I have the last six of your VIN?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok c95371
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is too cold outside now to work please provide some guidance i will try it tomorrow

PLease re install the original cluster. Check the ABS module connection in the passenger front of the engine compartment. Make sure the connector is clean and secure. We will then need a compatible scan tool that can communicate with all the control modules. Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
X type ABS module all connectors are clean, what scan tool is needed? My 2006 xj8 had a low tire fault i changed the battery it went away. How ever the random parking brake and cruise not available faults pop up once and a while maybe 1 in 10 times i drive it, they occur simultaneously any ideas on this? My 2007 xj8 was hit in the rear the electric latch does not work I bought a used one but it wont function all fuses in vehicle have continuity any ideas?

Ok we need to finish the original question then a new question on your XJ* needs to be opened as per site policy.

Richt now the vehicle starts and runs fine but the ABS and Brake warning lights are on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i reinstalled to original cluster so starts and runs fine

What warnings have returned?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
low brake fluid and the abs light are on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi any ideas on my x type? runs fine just has continuous low brake fluid fault message also brake and abs lights stay on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry if I made a mistake, am I supposed to give you 5 stars after every response or after the problem is solved?

You only need to rate one time which authorizes payment to the expert. We really need a scan tool that can communicate with the ABS module in order to read those faults. It could be a problem with the module or speed sensor/wiring. The red brake light may not neccessarily be for low fluid if the module is the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is this special scan tool? can the OBD interface be used? what software? I will check the ABS sensors and connectors soon.

A number of tools can do this but they are costly. Snap on, Launch, Autel all make tools which can communicate witht he ABS module through the data link connector.

Richard, Jaguar Technician