Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2005 s type. I am replacing the HID bulb but the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 s type. I am replacing the HID bulb but the ballast (ingintor) box wont twist back on. It slips on ok but I can't turn it 1/4 turn clockwise to lock it in.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Can you turn it and lock it in without a bulb in it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Easily.
I finally noticed the when I plugged in the headlight harness there was a mechanical finger that prevented the ballast from being turned clockwise to the lock positon. So now that I have the new HID bulb in and then pugged in the harness.
But now the new HID headlight bulb doesn't work either. I supect that the ballast box is bad. Agree?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
it is most likely that ballast module. Unfortunately as you can see the headlight needs to be removed to remove the ballast. They can be swapped or replaced separately. Just make sure we have battery power on pin 2 brown wire at the headlight connector with the vehicle and headlights on.