Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

It hesitates and the mph gets less. The "Restricted

Customer Question

It hesitates and the mph gets less. The "Restricted Performance message displays. It is a 2005 Jaguar S Type. I previously had problems with my battery ehich was eeak and had to have it charged up. Could that be the problem being these cars are all electrical?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: It's doesn't seem to be leaking. I'm on the highway and much heavy rain here and I have no voltmeter to check the battery. But; the car does crank up fine. It all started after I press the button on it's console for on and off disc.
JA: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: On snd off brake disc
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's about it. Thanks
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it will not crank up . Will it be best that I contact AAA now?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
it could be battery voltage related. Since it will not crank we would first need to check the battery. AAA should be able to boost the battery to see if it is the problem. If it then cranks but not starts this could be a fuel delivery issue since the restricted performance warning came on. We should need to see what the stored fault codes are. A scan tool is needed to do this. Also see if the shifter will release from neutral with the ignition on and foot on the brake. If so then see if it will start in neutral. Let me know.