Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2006 Jaguar S Type. When put in drive their is a continuous

Customer Question

2006 Jaguar S Type. When put in drive their is a continuous beeping / chirping. When in park it stops.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. When you turn the key to the ON position, and all the dash lights come on for a few seconds, does the air bag indicator in the dash come on for 8 seconds then go off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me go check and get back to you shortly...
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
light comes on for 5 seconds, goes off. beeping is in drive while moving, reverse while moving
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I am not sure of the cause then. I know there is a buzzer when the airbag light fails to illuminate. I will opt-out and open the question up to other experts who may have more info on that. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you...beeping noise is rapid and continuous in drive while moving and in reverse while moving.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is most likely the parking brake warning. Disconnect just the negative battery terminal cable for about ten minutes. Reconnect it and start the engine. Pump the brakes then while your foot is on the brake pull up the parking brake switch and this should reset the brake and stop the warning sounder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll give it a try and give you feedback shortly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No dice, still rapid beep moving forward in drive and in reverse.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

is there a cannot apply parking brake or parking brake fault warning on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's been on since I purchased the vehicle 1 yr ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the rapid continuous beeping started yesterday
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok based on the sound it does seem like the beeping is coming from the electronic parking brake warning since the fault is on. I was also thinking this could be the parking aid but it sounds more like the parking brake. The front parking aid makes a smiliar tone. You can try pressing the parking aid button if you have one on the over head console. If the noise stops then it is the parking aid. If it continues then it is the parking brake and we will need to have the fault codes read in the module to see if what part of the system is failing.