s.c.2
s.c.2,
17920890

Where is the starter motor situated on the engine 2.5 x type

Customer Question

where is the starter motor situated on the engine 2.5 x type se 2006
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.It's in a very in accessible spot undernieth the car. I'll try to post the directions on how to change it.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 1 year ago.
2.5L & 3.0L Engines
Disconnect the battery ground cable.
Raise and support the vehicle.
Install the special tool.
Fig. Power train assembly jack
Position and adjust the special tool rear height adjuster. Left-hand shown, right-hand similar.
Fig. Position and adjust the special tool rear height adjuster. Left-hand shown, right-hand similar
Position and adjust the special tool front height adjuster. Right-hand shown, left-hand similar.
Fig. Position and adjust the special tool front height adjuster. Right-hand shown, left-hand similar
Position and adjust the special tool engine height adjusters.
Fig. Position and adjust the special tool engine height adjusters
Detach the support bar center fasteners. Remove the support bar end bolts.
Fig. Detach the support bar center fasteners
Fig. Remove the support bar end bolts
Detach the starter motor solenoid cover.
Disconnect the starter motor electrical connectors.
Remove the starter motor rear retaining bolt.
Fig. Starter motor rear retaining bolt
Fig. Starter motor front retaining bolt
Remove the starter motor front retaining bolt.
Remove the starter motor.
To install, reverse the removal procedure. Tighten the starter mounting bolts to the mounting bolts to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm). Tighten to support bar end bolts to 98 ft. lbs. (133 Nm); the center bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 1 year ago.
The pic diagrams won't load. If you send me your email I'll email it to you.
Expert:  s.c.2 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.
If I have been helpful, please rate my advice positively, it's the only way I get compensated. And it doesn't cost you anything more to do so.Thanks