Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I was wondering if u might have the answer to why my 98 jag…

I was wondering if u...
I was wondering if u might have the answer to why my 98 jag xk8 keeps faulting to limp mode every time I shift from in sport mode? Especially if I go from 4th to D to put it in park. Then when I shut it off and restart it the fault goes away and the car runs fine.
8/22/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 6 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
There could be a number of reasons why this is happening. There is D4 micro switch on the shifter which signals that you love the shifter from drive to the manual side of the J gate. This switch or signal can be faulty. To be sure we will need to have the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes. A Jag factory tool is needed to do this but we can try an OBD II scan tool available at your local parts store to see if we can read any fault codes. Let me know.
Ok I'll try to have it scanned today then get back to you.
OK sounds good.
Rating this is kinda foolish I'm not really done or am I going to have to pay again?
When you give a positive rating you are authorizing payment. Until you rate the site is just holding the charge in your account. The question will stay open for as long as you need.
Ok
Let me know how you made out
Richard, Jaguar Technician
I have had to order a code reader for it.