Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

When I start my car I hear air coming from left rear wheel &

Customer Question
right front wheel. the computer...
when I start my car I hear air coming from left rear wheel & right front wheel. the computer on the dash tells me the car to low. Is this the air shock or air- line going to the shock? Can I drive the car to a shop with a lift or should I have it taken there on a flat bed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
8/8/2016
Jaguar Mechanic: Clayso, Master Automobile Technician replied 1 year ago
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description sounds like the air springs are leaking. The lines are under the hood and in the trunk space. The air springs are the most common to leak. Personally I would flat bed this vehicle to a repair shop, no telling what all road conditions you may run into while operating the vehicle in it condition.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
air springs, can they be repaired or do i need to replace them? if replace what should one pay for this service and cost of the spring.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will rate you after I hear back from you. Regarding the repair or replacement cost. see my reply to your answer.

The air springs are part of the shock, the part that supports the weight of the vehicle. Recommended replacement is all 4, about 1200$ for the rear and 850$ for the front. Once repairs are made the system will need to be calibrated with a Jaguar compatible scan tool.

Clayso
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician